Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sentimental

I find that I am quite emotional about graduations - even shedding a few tears at Greg's. Somehow, seeing an era end brings my emotions to the fore - perhaps, it is looking back and recognizing that the HS years have some very special memories - but, those years are really just another chapter. Obviously, I am having difficulty with finding the right words. I have also shed tears at college graduations - starting with my sister, Jeanne, who graduated from Iowa State while I was still in HS. Enuf of that!

Anyhow, it was a special weekend - lots of fun with Shellie, Rich and Chris. Ended up too weary to go on up to Incline Village for a couple of days with friends at there time-share. Just as Greta Garbo was famous for saying "I want to be alone" I found that was what I most needed. As it turns out - being alone has meant tackling the weeds in my backyard - very healthy weeds - and very stubborn about being pulled from the ground.

No comments: