Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a wonderful day!

Karen and Barry's lunch gathering to honor my birthday became a most special day. It was really neat seeing Rich, Chris, Shellie, Andy, and Alex but when I was sent to the front door and found Jennifer and her boys on the outside - tis amazing that I didn't explode as I was so completely filled with pure joy! Needless to say, it was very special for all of us. Gay and Greg showed up later and that, too, added to the magic of the day.
Yes, I know, most of you blog followers were there - and I did enjoy seeing each of you and thank you for dealing with traffic etc. to be there. I tried to take pictures of my beautiful gladiolas and the mixed flowers but my camera just did not cooperate.
While little babies are inclined to sort of steal the day, Terry definitely outshown his little brother with his great antics. He is a boy that just exudes happiness. I enjoyed the pleasure of having Tommy fall asleep in my arms and thoroughly enjoyed his hour plus nap.
A truly wonderful day!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad you had such a good time, Gramcie! Sorry I couldn't be there... I had a finals-week-horribly-sick double whammy going on... but maybe I'll see you sometime over my spring break... maybe. If I recover from this illness...

Carol said...

Janet, I do intend to see you over spring break! How about lunch in Colfax - that's called meeting each other half way or something like that. I am really sorry you have been so sick - not the greatest timing with finals et al -hopefully you will be feeling great when your spring break hits. Love, G