Sunday, January 31, 2010

Howdy!

Since two family members have pushed and shoved me into taking my keyboard in hand and continue my ramblings - well, here I am. Not truly back "in the mood" but if you will bear with me, I will bear with you.
So, what's new. Well, I decided yesterday to make another batch of cranberry bread which many of you enjoyed (I think) at Christmastime. Anyhow, it just seemed different - not at all like I remembered - but I forged ahead and while two loaves were baking I washed up the assorted bowls, spoons and measuring cups. Reality struck in the process! I could not locate my one cup for measuring dry ingredients - brilliantly, I had used my one half cup. i.e. two cups of flour instead of four - one cup of sugar instead of two - likewise the nuts. So, all the cranberries floated to the top and came out quite well baked. Actually, it tastes quite good - but does not MEASURE-UP to what it should be.
I was typing with both hands involved - but my left arm is now screaming "Remember me?" It has been angry since Christmas, but didn't holler once yesterday - so I decided it had recovered. Not! Having done this whole paragraph with my right hand I will now give it and you a break.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Welcome back to blog-world :>

Karen said...

I'm glad you're back, too, and I am looking forward to a picture from the other night -- thanks again for the quick birthday party after a long day! (Even with special plates, a birthday napkin, and candles on the cake - wow!)

NorthFork said...

Hey Carol, good to see you blogging again, but that arm... well, don't overdo! There's a fine balance I'm constantly juggling too. My splint-type wrist supporters really help--I am wearing them almost all the time this winter--and applying cold on the wrists to minimize the inflammation that causes the pinching of the nerves.

Shellie said...

YAY! You're back! And yes, we LOVED the bread at Christmas! Funny you used the wrong size measuring cup... sounds like something I would do! Love you!