Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A groundhog in Connecticut

Ah, yes - it was a groundhog that inspired Karen to leap into this world fifty-eight years ago in Groton/New London, Connecticut. And arrive she did - almost in a flash! And I was so thrilled to have a daughter. In fact, I was higher than a kite as she was in such a hurry that there was not enough time to dope me up - ah, memories of pure joy!
Ever so often, I check myself out - can I still walk up my hill is my test. I did it yesterday - which, thus means I don't have to get carried away with execise. How is that for self serving logic?
Oh, yes - I threw together the most delicious chicken/vegetable/noodle not quite soup Sunday. Why is it that just throwing things near at hand into a pot will often beat out closely following a recipe? It will be an anticipated dinner the rest of this week.
It seems I am just full of odds and ends (like my not quite soup) and that just leads to an odd blog that needs to end.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I went to that old hospital a few years ago - in New London - across the Thames River from Groton and our old house which is still there...