Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lent

I don't recall ever giving anything up for lent. However, I was inspired this year to do just that. So, I gave up - - breathless anticipation by all - - I gave up "not exercising". For six weeks I intend to exercise in some fashion for at least fifteen miinutes a day. I did start a day early as I needed to go to the store, so I walked down and all around that strip mall area, did my shopping and walked home. As you know, that walk home requires walking up a rather steep hill. Yesterday, the first official day, I walked down and again, here and there for fifteen minutes, did my shopping and walked back home - again the hill. To add to my great accomplishment, I walked to the park's clubhouse for a potluck and then walked home - and that meant tackling the hill. I know you are all overwhlmingly impressed!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am overwhelmingly impressed - with your vocabulary!!! Good for you - that hill is a bear! Keep up the good work.

Now, what shall I give up for Lent? It should be bread and butter, hmmm, but they are SO delicious!

See you in a little bit for some fun today!

Shellie said...

I really am impressed... good for you, Mom! Love you!