Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Computer is Home Again!

Wow! I had no idea how my life revolved around my computer - til my computer decided to allow a virus to enter its life. As it turned out, this was a major virus that apparently attempted to eat everything in sight. Ao I took it to my local computer doctor - he, became quite ill with the dreaded swine flu and so my computer sort of got ignored as his fellow workers were so worried. This all started on Tuesday, October 13th - and sort of dragged out until today-October 29th.
In the meantime - no blogs - no reading about everyone's good and bad days - or some with nothing to say at all. Also, no exploring sudden inspirations to explore - like how to bake this or that - or create something wonderful - egads! I couldn't even play hearts.
Fortunately, in a fashion, I was extremely busy with out local bridge tournament - three and a half days of total craziness as I tried to play bridge while attempting to keep all the bridge player's tummies full of the goodies our local players had made. My days were long and my bridge partners had to be extremely patient.
Then, on Monday the 19th I departed with friends who came up from Lake Isabella for the tournament - I spent the rest of the week down there and then came back via the train and a bus (from Stockton to Sac) and Barry was there to greet me, followed soon after by Karen and Jen. Lake Isabella is rather depressing - it is located in a high desert area above Bakersfield and the lake itself is very low and the mountains very barren. I fully unerstand why my friends do not understand how they could have ever left this area.
Back to my computer fun and games - once home I did find out that the virus had been nasty - and after attempting to make a wise decision gave up and took the least expensive way out - i.e. revive my computer.
So, life is good. I have caught up on the blogs - I have a ton of e-mails waiting for me and so will end this and attack the worthy and not so worthy and the zap without further adieu communications. Love to all, M-G

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Yay... Mom is back online! You forgot to comment on my blogs... NO ONE comments on my blogs... maybe they're boring globs instead of blogs... have a great day Mom, and welcome back!