Sunday, July 4, 2010

The 4th of July

To celebrate I got up early to watch the men's tennis finals plus some other tennis stuff. Stumbled on a program re early alzheirmers - quite interesting - and I have a new motto - "Be kind to yourself." While I do not have alzheimers I do find words excape me more often - they sort of float around my head and I am quite aware that they are there - just playing hide and go seek. No big deal unless I allow it to be a big deal.
Anyhow, I decided to not join the parade today - or even go watch it. My "celebration" happened Friday when Gay stopped by for a nice long chat in the afternoon - it was so nice. And then Jen and the boys came for dinner and fun and games - such as "chase me" out in the cul de sac - which consisted of Gavin and me trying to catch Terry. I finally got worn out and brilliant at the same time, and dragged out Gavin's "car" and a scooter I had been given to give to Terry.
Then, of course, there was my day at my museum - a very successful day. We had quite alot of visitors and they were all in a generous mood. We took in over one hundred dollars in contributions and sold over one hundred dollars of merchandise. Both Bedford and I were very pleased with how the day went.
I am hoping to find a good movie on TCM to watch this P.M. And I do hope that all my family are having a wonderful 4th of July.

No comments: