Sunday, June 27, 2010

Home away from home

It continues to be exciting to me to spend Saturdays at my museum. Yesterday was extra special. "Why?" you are all asking and I can only say it was a combination of many things.
Perhaps the best is that I am researching the building itself. We have all sorts of nicely presented information booklets about everything but nothing about the building and its history. So far, I am finding the story fascinating and am hoping to put it all together in an unknown form.
Also, yesterday at least three men came in at different times that remembered using the 30ft. Pelton Wheel like a ferris wheel. Each one was so excited to share his rememberances.
At long last I have truly earned Bedford's approval. Now that I lead tours it does make things easier for him. I really enjoy the down times when we can sit and chat about this and that. By the way, I really have fun leading tours - hoping that my happiness will maybe cover my lack of depth of knowledge.

No comments: