Saturday, June 19, 2010

Don't do as I did!

While sort of rushing around this morning getting ready to head for "The Musuem" I was happily fixing a healthy lunch since I have been on a healthy lunch jag this week.So I ground up carrots and celery in my blender - added some juice and water and thoroughly blended that (hoping to avoid chunks of carrots) and then tossed in a nice serving of frozen blueberries for the finishing touch. That finishing touch nearly finished me - I turned on the blender and immediately discovered that I had neglected to put the cover on it - the most essential step in blending! I cannot do justice to the mess I had to tackle - the walls, the floors, the coffee maker and me were quite well decorated. My desire was to sit in the middle of the floor (out of the mess) and cry - I mean bellow! Anyhow, I didn't yield to my frustration other than to keep muttering "How could I be so stupid?" All is cleaned up - my lunch is ready to go and I am not but there is sufficient time to get ready. Thus my advice for the day - always put the top on your blender before you turn it on!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

LOL... great picture you created with this story! Sorry it happened!