Friday, June 4, 2010

Silly me!

My goodness, it does not take much to make me happily looking forward. Tomorrow I return to the Mining Museum and I find I can hardly wait. When you think about it, the six plus hours (we always have last minute tours, it seems) sometimes drag - but that does not matter. Obviously, I am at home amidst rusty mining stuff - and there is alot of rusty mining stuff there. The first time I saw Grass Valley (the summer of 1971) I said to myself "I have to live here!" - I still feel that way about it and that makes being at the Mining Museum sort of like a special dessert or something. If that makes sense to anyone - congrats! It is so wonderful, after thirty-nine years to feel the same way whenever I have been gone - as I approach Grass Valley and very often say out loud - "I am so glad that I live here!"

1 comment:

Karen said...

And I loved Grass Valley from the first trip home in the middle of the night from the airport, as I came home for Christmas from my sophomore year at BJU...the manzanita leaves on the plants alongside Rattlesnake Road were silver in the headlights and it looked like they were covered with snow! Of course, we DID get snow on Christmas Eve that year -- and built a very tall snowman the next morning -- Russ was there -- we four "kids" had so much fun!