Sunday, April 5, 2009

Too Quiet!

Jen and the boys headed home yesterday and my dull routine has returned - sort of! I really did enjoy their visit - although their last night here was rather complex as Terry came down with an enormous head cold and by night time he was miserable and thus Jen had a rather miserable night. Fortunately, Tommy decided to really cooperate and did not complicate things. I knew that Jen and Terry were sleeping in "Karen's" bed so that Terry would not waken Tommy. So, when I heard Tommy was ready and raring to go in the morning I grabbed him so he wouldn't wake his Mom and Brother - only to find Terry happily watching cartoons on TV and Jen asleep on the floor below his chair. As things worked out, Tommy fell asleep in my arms following his bottle so I HAD to hold him for over an hour while he slept and that let Jen sleep. So I miss them all!!
Last night I became a movie buff - watching three and heading to bed just before two this morning. I saw "Best of Show", "Spinal Tap" and "Silverado" - the latter is good old western and I just never watch westerns - but this one had Kevin Klein in it and I am a true blue Kevin Klein fan. Once again, Turner Classic Movies came through - although none of these movies are old enough to be classics.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Lucky, lucky you!

Richard said...

Silverado is OK, but it ain't no Deadwood.

And Kevin Kline ain't no Ian McShane.

Richard said...

Yes, I said ain't.

Shellie said...

I love reading your blog, Mom. You're pretty funny... Kevin Klein??? Who is he, anyway?

Jen said...

Wait... you watched Spinal Tap? Isn't that some... well.. very un-Gramcie-like movie? I thought it was a heavy metal movie-am I confusing it with something else? 0.0
Yay Kevin Kline!