Thursday, September 24, 2009

Little boys are magical!

Jennifer left the boys with me for awhile yesterday. When she returned we were all going to have dinner. Anyhow, I eneded up having an enchanting hour plus. It is so neat having one old enough to converse with and the other that just makes me laugh all the time. Terry was soon very hungry so I went ahead and served him some macaroni with spaghetti sauce (it had hit me earlier that younger kids can handle macaroni much better than they can handle spaghetti) with some parmesan sprinkled atop. Gavin has a urge to eat whenever he sees anyone eating and so I fixed some for him and he sat on my lap and I shoveled food into his mouth. Terry seemed to have a bottomless pit and had three servings before he was full - Gavin just two. Gavin is a great imitator and loves to have a consistant response to various things followed by great laughter following. As they left I was blowing kisses to him and he all of a sudden he did his vesion of throwing kisses - yet another great talent. Did you know that Terry can stand on his head? It is quite amazing for bing just five as he does a true headstand - no wall involved and no help. He was working on splits last night. He likes to talk about things like coordination and we both admired Gavin hen he kept himself from falling after losing his balance. Ah, yes - a really delightful time - and so good for me!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Sounds so great... thanks for sharing!