Saturday, September 19, 2009

There has to be something new!

My goodness, all the excitement blogwise - especially Greg's. (I am waiting for Rich's version of his time in the high peaks)
So, let's see. Well, I went to my heart Doctor yesterday and got really good news - all the assorted results from my latest blood tests were quite good - she (my doctor) could hardly find a thing to nag me about. And then there are the EKG results - absolutely perfect! The nurse casually said that she never sees perfect EKGs.
Oh yes - my TV control is refusing to cooperate - I have to manipulate channels etc. by hand - quite a bother and makes me wonder how we survived the good old days. Of course, I think there were maybe just 2 or 3 channels when life was less complicated. Anyhow, I decided to watch a DVD - all set to go but it wouldn't - so I switched to an old variety and it also declined to perform.
So I found Turner Classic movies (the hard way, of course) and watched a rather strange movie with Harry Belafonte in it which reminded me of the one and only time I saw him "live". He was in a show called "Three for the Road" (I think) - Marge and Gower Champion made the three with Harry. It was one of the most delightful stage shows I ever saw and his singing just blew me away. This was around 1954 - just a few years ago. The dancing was also quite good - but that voice! Wow!
Just another day of absolute excitement in my life - it was wonderful to recall
that show at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles.

No comments: