Wednesday, March 3, 2010

cruisin'

 

I have gone cruisin' twice in my life. The last one, a few years back, was fabulous. We went from Florida through the Panama Canal and headed home from Long Beach. Going through the Panama Canal was very exciting for me - I finally got to see it. Then there was the retired Major General - ah, well, it was great fun while it lasted.

My first cruise was quite a few years back, and it was also fabulous. I was all of 21 years old. A good friend from work and I cruised the Great Lakes for one week. We were the bells of the ball, so to speak. There was a scarcity of guys - but we collected three that followed us around like sheep. One was so old - 36 or so - he was a mortician! Then there was the man who decided that I should be his assistant when we reached Mackinaw Island. He was going there to take pictures for some publication. I got "fired" when I refused to go to his stateroom to discuss what I would be doing. That was the first night on board ship -and, the only stateroom invitation that either Fran or I received.

One of the pictures is obviously aboard the ship. The other picture shows us bravely dipping our feet into Niagara Falls - well, at least some water in the vicinity. As you can see, we were quite a pair - Fran, with never a hair out of place and perfectly made-up - and me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shellie said...

WOW... I have never heard about that cruise! You look so GREAT in the pictures... and Jennifer looks so much like you! Lucky her! Thank you for sharing this, Mom. I really, really enjoyed reading about it and seeing the pictures.