Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jogged Memories

 

I did not remember having this picture. Working on another project I "discovered it" and immediately remembered taking it. I even remember my thoughts while taking it - the pure joy of seeing Russ and Karen so happily absorbed in his music. Somehow, the very old and huge cedar tree adds to the specialness of the scene. There last time together they spent absorbed in his music in his cabin. There are no pictures of that event, but it revolved around the fact that Russ had never learned how to read music. As you know, he certainly had an ear for music and thus played tunes he knew the sounds of quite easily. Some weeks, or months before that day, Karen had given him some Argentinian sheet music - not knowing it was basically useless to him. So, that day, he had her play it on his keyboard so he could learn the melodies involved. Yes, this picture is a very special picture.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yes, I remember the day. He had a few new pieces he wanted me to hear - I'm glad I made time for him that day -- I am still regretting the missed times together because I thought we had decades more together!