Friday, October 31, 2008

Great excitement in Grass Valley

Weaver's Car dealership has no cars - this morning there were car transport trucks lined up along the street in front - tonight there is not a car in sight (Karen and I drove up to case the situation) and the lights are mostly out. It is, of course, rather sad as quite a number of people are out of work now. Weaver claims he will find another source and get going again.
The day was quite busy - K and I went to Rocklin - Jennifer came there also so I helped her pack up her remaining worldly goods while K did some work upstairs and mowed the back yard. It was not a happy day in the true sense but it had to be.
But then we went to a Goodwill Store and I found two wondeful cookbooks and a jigsaw puzzle - another one with cardinals, Shellie. And speaking of that puzzle it is time to take it on. M/G
P.S. The rain was lovely and has started again this evening.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thanks, Mom, for really making my day! I appreciate all of your help and your worldly wisdom (For example, suggesting I go to the Ford dealer at the Auto Mall when the hood would not shut. Very clever!) See you tomorrow!

Shellie said...

Woo hoo... bring on the cardinals! I think I should post a picture of your cardinal tree on my blog. Love your blog!