Saturday, May 8, 2010

Following Orders (from Shellie)

I take computer in hand in a very fearful manner - will my blog reach Shellie's high expectations?
Before my debut as a docent - eons ago, in fact - I went to the PDQ Bach event and was sort of disappointed. I did laugh alot but it was not a concert with an orchestra. One piano, two singers and the "Professor" who did alot of talking. He has aged - walks with a cane - and remains quite funny. As I said, it was sort of disappointing.
Last Saturday was my first day as a real, genuine docent at the mining museum. Today is my second day etc. I was the official greeter and good-byer. My partner led the tours - he is so well informed about all the goings on that I feel quite inadequate. He was not involved in mining but has been involved in the Historical Society and a docent at the Empire Mine since moving here. We were not overwhelmed with visitors so it was a leisurely day and did collect what he considered an amazing amount in donations. I did a fairly good job of cleaning the bathrooms before we left - I rather think I left them cleaner than they have been in quite a long time. Hoorah for me - I do have a talent!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Congrats, it sounds like your first day was a success!