Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thoughts while thinking - or something?

Although I really enjoyed my six hour plus stint at the museum yesterday, I found myself wishing I had sufficient fortitude to go over to the luncheon honoring Julie. I am quite proud of what Julie had accomplished and certainly should have been there - unfortunately, my courage is far too wounded. Enuf said!

Now it is share time! I am quite excited about getting back into the two books I have that Norman Cousins wrote regarding sickness and attitude(and much more). Both of these books had a major impact on me many years ago - starting around 1975. Anyhow, in rereading them I have realized that these books had really played a major role in my year of cancer treatment, my continuing treatment regarding my heart, and even when I had to deal with my broken ankle. My "yet another adventure" philosophy came directly from his writings. I highly recommend "Anatomy of an Illness" and/or "The Healing Heart" as a means to consider what you can do should a major illness come your way.

I have also been reading alot of books re mining for gold in this area - and continue to understand better the stuff we have at the museum. My buddy, Bedford, is happy now that I can lead tours. Me too!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good for you, Mom, to be docenting at the mining museum! Wow! We can't wait to come by for a tour!

You are like a walking version of the message that Norman Cousins was trying to explain in his books. 16 more healthy years!