Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Greetings one and all

What to say? - other than I truly hope that each of you has a very good day. Weather permitting, Rich and Chris will join Karen, Barry and me at the card table and the snack table.
They are due to arrive later today.
Friday, Karen and Barry have invited me to head South with them - we will spend the weekend with Brian and Sarah - and then ??? It will be great seeing my boy, Brian. He was a major part of my Christmas for so many years. This is the first year Jennifer,s life that she will not be part of my Christmas. Living at Lake Tahoe is not condusive to travel when snow enters the picture - also true of Moody Ridge - Janet and Greg are regualr Christmas fixtures that will be missing this year. Thus we are having a kidless Christmas.
A quick toss in of a long ago memory - ever so tragic. I was absolutely positive that I would get a bicycle for Christmas. It was dreadfully difficult to act excited over my shiny, new rollerskates. What pain to smile on the outside while so wanting to cry. Poor me!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Mom,
Are you hinting that you want a bicycle for Christmas? It's never too late!

Thanks for giving me a smile,
Karen