Thursday, December 11, 2008

Live and learn

I have been waiting for a really wonderful or funny thing to happen - still waiting! so there is the usual nothing to write about. Well, I did have that carpet cleaned - now that is exciting! I have semi-decorated for Christmas - and semi-shopped for same. I must investigate a class or two - not that I want to expand my mind but I like to fill time - thus I will look for fluffy classes. I could, of course, re-attack reupholstering the two chairs that have been out of service since last spring - of pick-up my needle and resume the counted cross stitch that I started many years ago. Unfortunately, I picked that project on the beauty of the finished picture - and ignored difficulty levels etc. Live and learn - not me!

3 comments:

Janet said...

I envy your ability to choose! I have to continue to attempt to expand my mind... it is what I'm paying for, after all...

But that's not making it any easier to study! My last final is this afternoon, and I have to admit, I don't even care anymore :P

So you are to be commended for your good intentions!

Shellie said...

Carpet cleaning... how very exciting! I love the word I must type to post today... pogyblot. Great word. Wish I could talk to you on the phone...

Karen said...

Mom,

I believe that there is still a great deal of mental stimulation and interest that takes place in those "fluffy" classes -- I seem to recall that after EVERY class last time you couldn't wait to call and fill me in on wonderful details and fascinating facts!

So, don't sell yourself too short -- and if the choice is between LIVING and LEARNING, aren't you glad (as Janet so aptly pointed out), that you get to choose?

Miss you this weekend -- see you as soon as I can.

Love,
Karen