Thursday, December 18, 2008

How cold is it?

I am aware that the temp was to drop to low levels last night. I am also aware that the furnace came on frequently during the night to keep the inside temp at 55. But here I sit, shivering in my cozy robe - the inside temp is all the way up to 64 degrees - it is eight after eight and the furnace has be running since six thirty. I already dread my next gas bill.

So I have an hour to get sufficiently bundled up to head out the door and go play bridge. Life can be so difficult!

P.S. I truly remember going to highschool when the temp was 17 below zero. It was so cold that I was allowed to ride the streetcar - a four block walk from home. It all got quite complicated when the streetcar went off the tracks and we could not proceed on!

1 comment:

Karen said...

BRRRR! And I think 24 degrees is cold! (Not to mention, when the house is 60 degrees I think THAT is cold!) I will have to do some research on heating and cooling -- I suspect it has more to do with double-pane glass and heat loss, but we shall see!

Take good care of yourself -- you're important to a lot of people! Sing a little song, do a little dance - and I shall try to do the same!

Love,
Karen