Friday, December 19, 2008

One Enchanted Evening

Oh, how trivial Karen made it sound - here is the real story!

The chariot arrived at my doorstep at about 5:30 PM. Prince Charming and his lovely Princess entered my home carrying gifts of - well, lets leave it at gifts. They then carried me of to their castle. The amazing Prince then donned his "chefs" disguise and proceeded to prepare a feast. The Princess and I went to the guest parlor where she amused me by playing the piano. Later the Prince joined us while the gourmet dinner he had prepared was baking. We had a couple of hours of merry chatter about the economy, the state of our state and the upcoming Christmas celebration.

It was 8:30 PM when we sat at the banquet table to feast upon roast duck with orange sauce and stuffing, potatoes ala baked, exquisite broccoli chunks and crisp fresh celery and carrots. It was magnificent! Prince Charming removed his apron and joined us.

Soon after eating it was time to return to my hovel in the hills. The Prince kindly got his chariot and took me there. He had to maneuver through a snowstorm and potential hidden dangers due to the snow and the darkness.

I went to bed shortly and dreamed about castles and the lords and ladies that dwell in such magnificence. Today I am singing "Some Day My Prince Will Come" - with too much doubt in my voice as it seems so unlikely at my age.

No comments: