Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun and games

Well, sometimes it does seem like fun and games - then there are all the others days and months and years. Ah, well - I am in the fun and games mode at the moment.
My fun yesterday was taking part of my once gorgeous old bed and starting the necessary destruction to turn it into a sort of night stand that will stretch between two beds in the yellow guest room. It will be quite a unique and gorgeous piece when done. As you all know, I am much better at starting projects than I am finishing them - but I am so anxious to see how this works that I will continue my attack - I have to figure out how to really dismantle - i.e. I have done the easy part - which, by the way, wasn't that easy.
I head to Sacramento Thursday - will return on Sunday. Saturday Lorraine and I will spend the day at the "Ragtime Festival" - it was such fun last year and we both have high hopes that it will be even better this year. Friday will be a day of shopping - always fun!
Jen is up at Lake Tahoe for a few days - she and Tommy/Gavin went up Sunday. It appears that she and Matt are trying to work things out. It would be wonderful if they can. I have seen Matt quite alot recently - and he quite nice to Terry and, of course, bonkers about his own son. Anyhow, the latest word is that she will be moving up there this month.
Yesterday my partner and I had such a fun game and I was certain we would be first - we were second with a rather nice game but not nice enough. Boo-hoo. M-G

1 comment:

Karen said...

Mom,
Take a few pictures of your creative table before and after you finish! It sounds unique!!!
Way to go with your creativity!
Love,
Karen